Monday, April 04, 2005

Tonight, on Sunday

I'm still not sure if this is really real, if this will stick, but I hope it does. I really like VFC except it is so big, and hi-tech, sometimes it feels like I'm watching a TV program. On one screen I see the baptism, cuts to the next screen to another guy on stage right leading us into worship. Is this real? Am I really here?
I am very comforted by the handful of people in the front rows who lift their hands up during the sweet songs, or the songs that make you go yeah! I feel I have been here so many times before, can I really do it this time? Will it sink?
I have never felt my heart so distinctively before. It feels like a body of water, and it feels so full. and so continuous. my, The lord that restores. That takes me as palpable as I am.
I liked what Dan the pastor said to me tonight, I was rapping with him about it all. What about my Godexperiences with other religions? How all the followers in my hindu-circles, they have been touched and helped by God, how do they get the same effect?) And he said very simply how he's seen that it usually doesn't stick, and they don't stick to it, and they go in and out of their commitment. This really struck me. I think he's right, that they will drift off, and even now when they are in it, they talk of very non-chalantly, not as though it is changing them, or making them strive for something bigger, or stride in a new way.
Two small cool facts I like about VFC:
#1 That it was originally called "Graceland" which totally kicks ass.
#2 That the birthday of VFC is February 8th which is my late grandmother's birthday and grandparents' anniversary, and on of the most beloved days for me reminding me of the grace of my grandma.

1 comment:

Carmen said...

you out it all so beautifully, darling